DS4UX (Spring 2016)/Day 5 coding challenge
Each of the challenges this week will ask you to modify and work with code in the Wikipedia API projects which you should have installed and begun working with in class.
It's not essential that you solve or get through all of these — I'm not grading your answers on these. That said, being able to work through at least many of them is a good sign that you have mastered the concepts for the week. It is always fine to collaborate or work together on these problem sets.
- Save the revision metadata printed in
wikipedia1-2.py(i.e., the material already being printed out) to a file called "wikipedia_revisions.tsv".
- Print out the revision ids and edit summaries (i.e.,
comment) of each revision for the article on Python.
- Which article is in more categories? Python (programming language) or Python (genus)?
- How many revisions to the article on "Python (programming language)" were made by user "Peterl"? How about "Hfastedge"?
- How many revisions/edits has the user "Jtmorgan" has made to Wikipedia?
- Bonus challenges
- 6. Can you build a list of all of the articles edited by "Jtmorgan"? What is the article with the longest title that user Jtmorgan has edited?
- 7. How many edits to the article "Python (programming language)" where made in 2015?